Bulk Create documents using a .csv file
To make life even easier, you can bulk-create documents in Nod by uploading a .csv file. You can also use this same feature to create single documents using data from a .csv file. This function makes it possible to import huge volumes of data in one go; creating documents for a number of different clients in one hit!
Make sure you follow the directions carefully to ensure an easy upload!
The first step before attempting any bulk upload to Nod, is to make sure your .csv file is correctly formatted for trouble-free integration with our system.
- Navigate to the bulk content creation page by clicking your icon in the top-right corner, then selecting 'Bulk Content Creation'.
- Download the example .csv template, and use it as your guide for formatting your own file.
- The reference .csv should show each field in the document template; allowing the data in the bulk upload to seamlessly populate subsequent documents.
- Create a row for each document you are creating, making sure you leave the first 2 rows that contain form field names and ID's.
- The first column should contain the template name you want to use, and the second column, the document name. Note that these names will need to be unique to every other document in your account to avoid a whole lot of unnecessary confusion.
- From the third column onwards, each column should contain the relevant value for each form field. You can leave these blank if there is no relevant value.
- Once you've finished inserting the data into your .csv file, upload it to Nod using the green button at the bottom of the Bulk Document Creation page. Note that uploading could take a while at this point depending on the size of your .csv file, so don't stress, be patient! Let our little robots run through their routine.